Knowing your way around the makeup kit is good, but the ultimate goal is to look beautiful naturally without piling on the products. Try these simple natural tactics to have a naturally healthy and glowing skin:
1. Drink lots of water: The key to healthy skin comes from the inside out. People often tend to reduce water intake during the waters. But such should not happen. Since the air of the winters is drying, it's important to drink plenty of water. Consume it in room temperature or even warmer. If you are a bit more dehydrated, add a pinch of mineral salt to the water, which will help your body to absorb the water quicker and more effectively.
2. Drink less of caffeinated beverages: The natural diuretic present in non herbal tea and coffee dries out your skin. So it is advisable to avoid these drinks as much as you can. Choose herbal tea and plain water instead to keep your skin hydrated.
3. Avoid soaps containing sulfates: Obviously you want to get clean when you shower, but you definitely do not want to loose the protective oils from your skin. Sulfates, responsible for producing the foam from soaps and gels, does just that. It removes the sebum from your skin. Look for soaps and shower gels without sulfates.
4. Avoid moisturizers that have petroleum: Petroleum jelly and mineral oil only covers the skin but don't actually moisturize it. With regular use, you skin becomes unable to function on it's own without the unnatural oil slick.
5. Oil up: Apply oil or oil based products to make your skin healthy. Many beauticians recommend using jojoba oil that is closest to the skin's natural sebum and isn't greasy. Sesame oil, coconut oil, cocoa and shea butters also work great on skin. Apply the oil immediately after taking the shower that will help skin absorb the oil.
6. Sleep tight: How much you sleep has a direct impact on the health of your skin. Inadequate sleep will lead to dark circles and uneven tone. Sleep sound (7 hours will do) to get a natural glow and brighter complexion.
7. Eat healthy: What you eat has a profound effect on the condition of your skin. Avoid processed foods, too much of sugar, etc to prevent breakouts, uneven tone and lack of brightness. Eat the right food that will give your skin the nutrients it needs. Eat lots of fruits, green leafy vegetables, and whole grains.
8. Do not stress: If you take too much of stress, it will show on your skin. Try to relax your mind and body. Relax and think positively. Practice yoga and exercise regularly.
9. Avoid chemical based products: If you have itchy, pimpled skin, the products you use can be to blame. Check the list of ingredients listed on the package before you buy a product. Choose products with lesses ingredients. Buy natural skin care products that are free of harmful chemicals. You can get them from stores that sell organic and natural products.