A successful move is one that is worth bragging about because moving is really hard. When you have successfully made it through the task, you have completed one of the most important and difficult parts of your domestic life. However, there are some secrets that will make moving much easier on you so that you can brag that you survived unscathed. Your Chicago moving company is aware of these secrets and can share them with you, but you just might impress your Chicago movers if you already know them.
Here are those secrets:
- Call your Chicago moving services now because they need plenty of notice due to their busy schedule. It is a good idea to give 6 weeks or more notice if you can.
- If you overlap the close date or end of the lease period with the possession or lease agreement of your new home, you will have time to do such things as finish the floors in your new home, paint rooms, and take care of anything that needs to be done before the Chicago moving company starts bringing in your beloveds.
- Do not move things that are not necessary to move. This means you need to pare down your marriages by having a yard sale or giving items away to charity. If anything is broken, throw it away properly. If you're not sure how to throw something away properly, contact Chicago's waste management department to find out.
- Go to your new home and take measurements that include rooms, doors, windows, where ports are, and where your marriages will go. This will ensure that you have enough room for appliances and other belongings that need considerable space. When measuring a refrigerator, measure its length, width, and depth.
- Make arrangements for your utilities to be hooked up at your new home and disconnected at your old one. You want to do this in advance so that you have such items as phone and electricity at the old home during the move, but also have those things when you are moving into your new home.
- You can take the guesswork out of acquiring the right packing materials by buying your packing materials from your Chicago moving company. You can acquire the proper boxes to pack dishes, clothing that should not be folded, and very fragile items.
- Use a marker to write on each box what room it belongs in and what is in the box. This allows the Chicago local movers to place the boxes in the right rooms and you will know what to unpack first when moving in.
- Pack a box of essential items. As soon as you get to your new home you will need a telephone, toiletries, dishes, eating utensils, a few pots and pans, and medicines. You may also wish to pack soap and towels so you can take a shower.
- You should also pack your valuable non-breakable items in a separate box that you can take in your car. Large items such as artwork, sculptures, pianos, pool tables, and electronics should be marked on the moving company's inventory form in case damage occurs during transit. You can buy insurance to cover damages on these items.
- Record the makes, models, and serial numbers of your electronics, and other items. Keep this list with your valuables such as birth certificates, owners' manuals, car titles, wills, etc.
- Clean as you pack rather than leaving the cleaning until the end. This will streamline the process. If you're renting, make sure the house or apartment is very clean so you can get your security deposit back. Make sure you clean your new home before placing items in cabinets, closets, and other areas around the house.
When utilizing Chicago local movers such as that offered by New City Moving and the above secrets, you should have a much smoother move than you would otherwise. Also make sure you select a Chicago movers accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
Source by Brian Slater