Acne is by far the most common skin condition known to both men and women of all ages. Acne is an inflammatory skin disease that affects the skin’s oil glands. Although it is not a serious health risk, it can cause permanent scars on your face. The most frequent areas acne appears on are your face, back, shoulders or neck. Since many people are unaware of the severity of acne, they often do nothing about it. Some may choose to use famous cosmetic creams such as Pro-Active, Tea Tree Oil, Neutrogena, Biore, etc. Then you have those who use home remedies such as oatmeal masks, or orange peels to clear their face.
The best found way to keep your face acne free is to keep a healthy diet and to prevent acne from starting before they get worse. Home remedies have been proven to be exceptionally effective. Home remedies are easy to make, and they are very cost effective. Here are some home remedies that have worked for others, and saved them money at the same time:
1. Cook oatmeal, then apply on face as a mask. Then rinse with warm water.
2. Soak a cotton ball with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, then apply on face or infected areas.
3. Saturate lettuce leaves in water. Then use the water to rinse face.
4. Apply toothpaste on the acne ONLY. Do NOT apply to the rest of face because it will make the rest of your face dry. It is only supposed to dry out your infected areas.
5. Eat cucumbers and carrots, or make them into juice and drink them.
6. Wash face with avocado paste mixed with water.
These are just a few of many other home remedies that have been proven effective in getting rid of acne. The worse thing you could do to try and rid of your acne is to not use home remedies and physically pick at your pimple. When you pick at them, you are drawing blood to the area, making it more red and inflamed. It also causes an allergic reaction from the acid on your fingers, and lastly, it scabs when you pick at it.
Other simple ways of treating acne is to cut down on smoking. That saves you a load of money and also prevents acne from sprouting on your face. After washing your face, many people are prone to just roughly handling their skin by rubbing water off their face with a towel. It is much better for your skin to pat it dry with your towel very gently.
So whether you choose to use simple medications or home remedies, the ultimate easiest way to cure acne is to be consistent with the treatments you use.
Source by Vanessa Udes