Jojoba oil (pronounced ho ho ba) is a natural, organic beauty and anti-aging skin care ingredient suitable for all skin types with many benefits for our gorgeous selves. You can look for jojoba oil in already prepared beauty products, or you can use it straight away, right out of the bottle.
Jojoba oil helps to beautify your skin by:
minimizing fine lines and wrinkles
promoting skin suppleness and elasticity
preventing skin dehydration
balancing oil (sebum) production of the skin
Not Really An Oil
Jojoba oil is not really oil but a liquid wax, called wax ester. As a wax, it is an extremely stable substance, more so than an oil (for example, olive oil should be kept refrigerated or it will go rancid), and does not easily deteriorate, nor evaporate. It will not become rancid or loose antioxidants even after long periods of storage.
It is very similar to whale oil (animal squalene) which was well-loved before whaling was banned in the 1970s. Thank goodness for that!
In fact, jojoba is even better than whale oil as the structure of jojoba oil is closely resembling that of our own natural natural oils (sebum), and so has a natural affinity to the skin, so easily penetrating without feeling greasy or tacky. It is also non-comedogenic.
Since it is non-greasy & non-comedogenic, it is well tolerated by those with acne and it can break down sebum in already clogged pores.
Ways to use Jojoba Oils
1. Eye makeup remover – dampen a cotton pad (to avoid cotton fibers from going into your eyes as well as preventing the pad from soaking up too much oil), add oil to pad and swipe across eyelids, and massage into eye lashes gently to remove mascara.
2. Face makeup remover – same as above, swiping across face and throat to remove facial makeup (follow with a gentle cleanser).
3. Body lotion – pour a few drops into moist hands and massage over body skin (exfoliate first for best results).
4. Hair heat protectant & conditioner – add a few drops to the palm of your hands and massage into the ends of your hair before blow drying to protect your tresses. Be sure not to use too much, just enough to penetrate the hair shaft and condition.
5. Nail cuticle conditioner – pour oil into a small dish or bowl, dip fingers into it while relaxing. Let them soak for several minutes while your nails and your cuticles become deeply softened.
6. Shave creme – pour into hands and massage onto legs for a lovely, smooth shave.
Jojoba oil; a superb multi-tasking, long-lasting, stable oil, good for all skin types, oily, mature, dehydrated and even balanced. Jojoba oil is a staple for everyone to enjoy.