The problem with acne is that it's not just about making the bump disappear, but it's also about finding the solution on how to get rid of acne scars that are left on your face.
It's common for many teenagers to grow up and go through life with insecurities and self-esteem issues, especially at this vulnerable and impressive time of their life. What aggravates this even more is when they have visible pimple marks that make them even more self-conscious than they already are.
It's true what they say that first impressions last. How you carry yourself and how you act towards others will greatly affect their perception of you. However, most adolescents lose their confidence especially when pimple problems get the best of them. One unavoidable phase that you really have to go through as a teen is solving the problem on how to get rid of acne scars and cuts.
Unfortunately, these acne marks actually cause more problems than the bumps because these scars take a longer time to heal. What's even worse is that there's a possibility that it can stay forever on your skin.
It's always best to consult and get the first opinion from your dermatologist on how to get rid of acne scars, especially in severe cases. However, you have to take note that one important step in the process is for you to decide as to whether or not you would like the scars to heal naturally or if you prefer to speed up the process by going through treatment.
Although most pimple marks do fade naturally, there's always the option to use products and treatments that would save you from further pain and start you on the path to real, unblemished beauty.
As they say, prevention is always better than cure, but here are some simple yet effective tips on how to get rid of acne scars from showing up on your face.
• It's already been said many times, but it does merit repeating: Stop popping those zits! If you think you've already solved the problem by popping, then you're wrong. Popping actually causes additional stress because you'll end up training the pimple and forcing the oil into the deer layers of skin.
• Keep your skin clean and oil free by regularly washing your face with a mild cleaner. You would not want dirt, oil and crime to clog those pores.
• Drinking plenty of water actually helps in the cleansing and rejuvenating of the skin. When one's body is hydrated with enough water, it's easier for new and smoother skin to grow and replace the dead skin cells.
• Resist the urge to scratch those acne marks. Many pimples turn into cuts and scars because too much rubbing has aggravated the skin.
• Use ice cubes on your skin to get rid of acne marks. Gently rub an ice cube wrapped in a piece of cloth on the affected areas for 10 to 15 minutes each day. This process should help reduce the redness and inflammation on the skin to make it look smoother and fresher.
Follow these simple steps on how to get rid of acne scars and you'll be well on your way to blemish-free skin.
Source by P. Piola