1. Keep the face clean from dirt: It is necessary to wash your face daily to get rid of impurities, excess oil and dead skin cells from the skin surface either you have acne or not. You should wash our face with lukewarm water and apply mild facial cleanser. You should avoid the use of harsh soap that can cause irritation and inflammation on the skin.
2. Avoid touching your face: Keep your hand off your face by not leaving it on your checks and chin. By doing so will not spread bacteria and irritation of the already inflated skin. Picking or bursting acne with your fingers will inevitably result in infection and scarring.
3. Avoid staying in the Sun: The ultra violet rays of the sun can cause inflammation and redness of acne. Even some orally applied acne medications can aggravate the exposure of skin sensitivity to sunlight. Use acnegenic free sunscreen to reduce the chances of new acne forming on your face.
4. Use Mild Moisturizer: Use moisturizer that reduces skin dryness and peeling. If you have oily skin, use gel-based moisturizer. Use moisturizing cream or lotion if you have dry skin, it works well on dry skin.
5. Eat appropriate diet: Improper eating habit causes injury to the skin. Avoid greasy and junk foods. Eat more of vegetables, white grains and fresh fruits. Studies have shown that food that contain vitamin A and beta-carotene boost immunity and promote healthy skin. Fruits such as cantaloupe, apricots, carrots, spinach and sweet potatoes have high beta-carotene.
6. Consume less sugar and starch food: Recent studies have revealed that sugar and starch helped the causes of cystic acne. If you must eat sugar eat domestic brown sugar.
7. Minimize the use of makeup: If you use makeup, wash it off at the end of the day before you go to bed. If possible avoid wearing powder or blush. Use cosmetics that are oil free and with no chemicals and dyes. Water-based cosmetics are recommended for use and when buying read the ingredients list on the product label before applying it on your face.
8. Use anti-bacterial agent: Make use of acne products that contain benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Both products contain anti bacteria agent with drying effect and get rid of bacteria. Use small amount at first, then apply more or reduce the amount you apply depending on peeling or dryness that you experience. If you have sensitive skin please use these products with caution and as recommended by your physician.
9. Watch the type of pomade. Be careful of the type of pomade you apply on your hair. Caution should be applied when using oily, fragrance and hash chemicals on your hair because part of these ingredients can drip on your face and block the skin pores which may result in irritation of the skin. During acne outbreak, oily hair can add to the oil on the face. So wash your hair always. If you have long hair, tidy them up and away from your skin.
10. Exercise regularly: Exercise is good for the body and mind. It reduces stress and boosts blood inflow all over the body. When exercising, avoid wearing tight cloth or the use of exercise equipment that comes into contact with the skin. This can cause irritation and acne breakouts. Always take your bath or shower immediately after exercise. Exercise helps to get rid of harmful effects of food and stress in the body.
11. Avoid stress induced activities: Studies have shown that excessive worries and anxieties aggravate pimples or acne. So, take time to understand your stress reaction and the cause. Look for ways to nip your stress before it increases and cause severity of acne.
12. Whichever the type of treatments, stick to the advice of a dermatologist. Treatment depends on severity of the problem and skin type.
Source by Elizabeth Fridjhon