When you reach the age of puberty, you can not do anything to escape from different skin problems. Having a clean and clear skin is an accomplishment. That is why most of us consider maintaining a skin regimen important.
If your skin is prone to acne, your cleansing routine is far more important than you consider it already necessary. Dermatologist has discovered a lot of amazing breakthroughs when treating different kinds of skin problems.
With the advancement of technology, acne problems can be cured without undergoing painful surgeries. However, these might be costly. That's why other people choose using gentle skin cleansers in treating this kind of skin problem so as to avoid irritation. By doing so, it would forbid further breakouts to come.
People thought acne is caused by unclean skin and it can be cured by massive cleansing. But acne is not a result of having poor hygiene and over scrubbing your face could even create more irritation on your skin.
Factors Causing Acne
1. Acne is sometimes a result of active sebaceous glands. This type of gland is connected to a hair follicle that produces sebum, it is a kind of oily substance in which if it is trapped in a hair follicle will produce blemishes.
2. Abnormal multiplication of natural occurring bacteria will clog the hair follicles and will cause acne.
3. Shedding of dead skin too quickly will cause harsh irritation and may result as well to acne. In the same way, a release of contaminated provocative substances through your skin will also cause acne.
There are many anti-acne products being manufactured nowdays. Each of those claims that they give 100% satisfaction on getting rid your acne problems. The only problem is which of these products would give the best result leaving your skin more radiant and fairer. That's why it's necessary to take into consideration the following guidelines before buying an acne cleanser.
1. Identify what type of skin you have. Having an oily skin, you should prefer using a gel-based type of product and having a dry skin, you should prefer using a cream. Others have a combination of both types. In this condition, you have to know what would be appropriate to apply in the affected area. If your acne burst in the oily part of your skin, use the gel-based or the other way around.
2. Check the sensitivity of your skin. If you have a sensitive skin, you'll need a product that has a low concentration of its active ingredient. This would avoid excessive drying of the infested area.
3. Read the direction on how to use the product. Do not over do things. Apply only the medication on the skin wherein it is prior to acne or there is already acne present.
Tips on How to Wash Your Face before Applying Acne Cleansers
1. When you're looking for a facial cleanser, look for the product that says "oil free" and "non-acne irritating". You may also try using medications that goes with a cleanser. This kind of treatment, often times, works best.
2. Do not over wash your face. It can cause irritation. Washing your face twice a day (when you wake up and before you sleep) is at most recommended.
3. Use your hands when washing your face. Using washcloth could irritate your skin more. Scrubbing your face is not needed. Washing alone will not solve your acne problems for it did not come from dirt.
4. Never rub dry your face. This would also irritate your skin. Consider gentle pat drying. Always remember that the more you irritate your skin, the more breakouts would come out.
5. After doing this routine, you're now ready to apply your prescribed medication on your face.
Source by Dave Poon