You've just woken up the day before a special event and notice starting back at you in the mirror is a big red pimple, right smack dab in the middle of your face for everyone to see. What do you do? Let me fill you in on the safest ways on how to get rid of a pimple.
Here's how to get rid of a pimple safely:
- Do not squeeze, pick or pinch it. This will only cause it to become more inflamed and for the bacteria and oil within the pimple to spread to other parts of your face. It can also lead to scarring.
- Hold an ice cube to it for a few minutes at a time once every half hour or so. This will cause the swelling to go down.
- Clean your skin with a mild soap or special acne skin cleanser, that does not have any harsh chemicals. Gently wash your skin with a wash cloth or exfoliating pad, but do not rub too hard, as you may rob your skin of it's own natural oils.
- Applying an over the counter cream containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can help to contain blemishes. Please note however, that these creams do have a tension to dry out your skin with prolonged use and are not recommended if you have sensitive skin.
- Toothpaste can be used for a quick fix to reduce redness and soothe irritation. Just apply a small dab of regular toothpaste, not a gel, to your pimple before bedtime, and by morning you should see noticeable results.
Following the above safe tips will yield results for you rather quickly, often time within a day or two. Thinking more long-term prevention of outbreaks includes, dietary adjustments and increasing overall water consumption help to cleanse your body and prevent break outs from occurring, and then you will not have to worry about how to get rid of a pimple.
Source by Shannon Adams