At one time or another, most of us have suffered from bouts of acne. There are hundreds of over the counter products to treat it, and most of them contain harmful chemicals. All natural products are becoming more and more popular and not just for the treatment of acne. Millions of people worldwide are starting to realize that these chemicals we use in everything from makeup to medicine actually do more harm than good. Here are some natural acne cures you can use to cure your acne naturally, without the use of any of these dangerous chemicals.
1. Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is obtained from the Melaleuca alternifolia in Australia. It contains terpinen-4-ol which kills bacteria that lives on the skin. It is just one of many natural acne cures that are just as effective as other acne treatments such as benzoyl peroxide, but with less harmful side effects.
2. Green Tea. Green Tea has a powerful antioxidant effect, and has also proved useful in the prevention of acne. By drinking at least 8 cups of green tea per day, your body eliminates free radicals that contribute to acne and leaves you with clear skin.
3. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is great for the skin and has been used for years as an acne treatment. You can easily make an oatmeal mask at home which will moisturize and protect your skin at the same time. With regular use, acne can be greatly reduced.
4. Avocado. When mixed with water and applied to the skin, avocado can reach the deepest layers of acne. It can provide the deepest layers of your skin with nutritious supplements that will help prevent acne and treat existing acne.
5. Patchouli Oil. Patchouli oil comes from the Pogostemon cablin plant. It speeds up the healing of existing acne and prevents ugly acne scars from forming.
Using any of these natural acne cures in place of over the counter acne products you might find in your drugstore can only benefit you and your skin. There are many more options for natural acne products other than the ones listed above. Although the chemical containing acne products may be effective, they can leave your skin damaged in other ways that can not be undone.
Source by Julian E Hooks