Acne is one of the major skin problems experienced by people of all age groups. The condition worsens during the adolescent stage when there is a rapid change in the hormonal activity.
Pricking acne is a very favorite hobby for many teenagers. This is one of the main reasons for aggravating the skin condition further, leading to persistent scars on the face. Getting rid of the "pricking" habit coupled with proper treatment can lighten the scars considerably and make your skin look fresh and acne free.
Listed below are some home remedies you can try for treating acne scars:
• Tomatoes are excellent for skin treatment. They are rich in antioxidants and have a high concentration of Vitamin E. Apply tomato peel on the skin for 30 minutes everyday. You will notice lightening up of your skin tone and disappearance of scars as well
• Honey makes the skin look supple, fresh and young. It is also useful in treating acne scars and lightens up the skin tone. Apply everyday and see the difference.
• Eating the right kind of food is essential. In fact, you can prevent the very formation of acne in the first place if you follow a balanced diet. Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. These help the body in getting rid of toxic chemicals and in the process prevent acne formation.
• Drinking adequate quantities of water will also help the body to detoxify. Detoxification is crucial to prevent acne, pimples and other related skin disorders.
• Apply lemon juice on the affected area. It is very effective in curing acne, pimples, etc.
• Vitamin E oil is the most effective remedies for treating acne scars. Apply the oil on the scarred area everyday.