Following a healthy vegan diet has numerous benefits, reduced risk of disease, to more energy, to keeping at a healthy weight. Most people are aware of these benefits, but what other benefits are there to becoming vegan? Here I give you my top 10.
1. Improved cardiovascular health – cutting out dairy and meat products, while at the same time introducing healthy foods such as nuts, legumes, fruit and vegetables can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
2. Lower Blood Pressure – a healthy vegan diet will result in lower blood pressure. This is a major issue; as high blood pressure is known to increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
3. Avoid Prostate Cancer – a major study showed that switching to a vegan diet halted or reversed early-stage prostate cancer.
4. Reduced Breast Cancer Risk – in countries where women eat less meat and dairy products, there is a much lower incidence of breast cancer.
5. Weight Loss – switching to a healthy vegetable diet usually results in weight loss, as you stop eating the unhealthy foods that caused you to gain weight in the first place.
6. Increased Energy – a healthy vegan diet will increase your energy levels. Many top-class sports people are vegan. If it works for them, it can work for you.
7. Healthy Skin – vegans who follow a healthy diet tend to have healthier skin than their diary and meat-eating counterparts.
8. No Mercury – mercury is a dangerous substance with dire consequences for your health. Most mercury in people's diets comes from fish. So avoid fish and you will be avoiding mercury. Do not forget that another major source of mercury is in amalgam fillings, so avoid these if at all possible.
9. A Longer Life – vegans live longer than meat-eaters. And they are healthy. So do you want a longer, healthier life? Well you know what to do.
10. Smell Better – vegans have less body odor than meat eaters. It is a fact that eating red meat contributes to body odor.
So if you want to live longer, become healthier, lose weight, smell better and avoid major diseases, then consider following a healthy vegan diet.
Source by Katie Li